Saturday, December 11, 2010

Country chicken supper


I have recipes that were in storage form Money Cook's Saver. Their recipes are pretty yummy. I made this last night and it was a big hit. Great for a cold winters day!

Ingredients- serves 6
3 bonless chicken breasts
2 TBLS oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 (14 oz) can of green bean
1(14 oz) can chopped tomatoes
1(14 oz) sliced carrots -I used frozen ones
1 large potato cut into cubes - I didn't have so I just did more rice
1 cup uncooked rice
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup water
1/2 cup shredded cheese

1. Cut chicken int cubes. Heat oil in a skillet; add chicken and onions. Saute for a few minutes.
2. Add green bean, undrained tomatoes, carrots, potato, rice, salt and pepper. Mix gently.
3. Pour water over top. Cook, covered on medium -low heat for 20 mins or until rice is tender. Stir occasionally.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top and cover till melted

No comments:

Post a Comment