Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Pasta with Sausage and Zuchinni

I made this last night. I made a lot of changes and it turned out great, Surprisingly, even Aaron liked it. Someday I want to try it like it should be though (:

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups small penne pasta, uncooked
1 lb. Italian sausage, casings removed ( I only had brawts so I used like 8)
4 small zucchini (10 oz.), halved lengthwise, sliced
1 red or green pepper, chopped ( I just did an onion)
1 can (8 oz.) pizza sauce ( I used Prego)
1/2 lb. (8 oz.) VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes ( I used shredded Colby Jack Cheese)
1/2 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese

Directions:
( I made it on the stove top so I would not heat up the house)
HEAT oven to 350°F. Cook pasta as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown sausage in large deep skillet on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally to break up sausage. Drain; return sausage to skillet. Stir in zucchini, peppers and sauce; cook 5 to 6 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture along with VELVEETA; stir until well blended.

SPOON into 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; sprinkle with Parmesan.

BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment