Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies/ choc-oat-chip cookies

I really like this recipe it turns out every time I use it. Its just the toll house recipe.
If I want Choc-oat chips I just add 1 1/2 cups oats and 2 1/2-3 of cups Flour. you want the dough to not be super sticky you should be able to form a ball with your fingers sticking to the dough a little. I take them out when the sides a slightly brown and let them cook on the pan for awhile before moving to a rack. I think the secret to making great cookies is having fresh baking soda and the dough consistency.

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour( I d0 2 1/2- 3 cups)

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks, 1/2 pound) butter, softened

3/4 cup granulated [white] sugar( I use raw sugar)

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 eggs

2 cups (12-ounce package) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels ( I use 1 1/2)


COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large mixer bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.

BAKE in preheated 375- oven for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment